Something to think about
I am currently suffering from a ‘condition’ that is the exact opposite of having ‘Writer’s Block”. I have no idea what that is called. Maybe verbal diarrhea?
I have so much I want to say and SO many stories I want to tell. What I am lacking is the TIME. OK and the energy. I am definitely lacking the energy as well.
I believe every post that I have written this year, with the possible exception of, Hey, I’m doing alright, has been of a somewhat bleak or serious nature. (Broken body parts, bad test results, surgeries, hearings etc.) For this reason, I don’t want to just ‘disappear’, and leave anyone thinking that I have died. At this moment, and for the foreseeable future, I will be burning the candle at both ends. Which means I have to prioritize where I am PRESENT, in order to not burn out completely.
What is so urgent that I am burning said candle?
- My oldest daughter (Thing 1), my son-in-law, and the grandbabies will be moving out of state. While this is absolutely breaking my heart, they have been presented with an incredible opportunity that heart broken or not I have to support. Time from job offer to relocation less than 2 weeks notice. I will be riding out with my daughter and the twins next week. Then turning around and flying home.
- When I get home I will be having Another surgery. My ‘baby steps’ in the boot have already proven to be too much, so I will have to have the unhealed break fused together.
- It’s only taken me a year to do it, but I finally have insurance for LAST YEAR (yes you read that correctly). That means I have hours and hours of phone calls and letters to write.
- Also Great news, I do not have PML!!!! The doctor still cautions that my JCV levels are too high to maintain my current treatment and infusion schedule though, so I have had to lengthen the time between infusions and my ass is dragging. While exploring my other drug options I had planned on going to an informational meeting for Ocrevus, but it has been cancelled because of the Coronavirus fears.
- And finally, by the end of the month, my parents and their 50 year’s accumulation of belongings will be moving within 5 miles of me. This IS a good thing, but they need help, and it is way more work that I can handle right now.
On that note, I am going to stop writing for today and catch my breath for a bit. My stories and I will be back before you know it!